G-Shock x Kolor Limited Edition GMW-B5000KL-9
April 2018 was the 35th anniversary of start of the G-SHOCK brand, and this model marks the occasion with a new design created in collaboration with kolor, the fashion line started in Japan in 2004 by Junichi Abe.
The base model is the full-metal case GMW-B5000, which was the point where we reviewed the brand's hollow core technology and developed an even higher level of shock resistance with full-metal construction. A gold ion-plated (IP) bezel and black urethane band combine to create massive blocks of color for a design with plenty of impact. The buckle and the band ring are also done in IP gold, while a screw in back cover adds a feel of heft. The 35th Anniversary logo impressed on the back cover was designed by kolor and is finished with a highly wear-resistant diamond-like carbon coating (DLC). Both stainless steel and resin materials are used, which is part of the distinctive kolor world view that combines materials of different types.
All of this plus special packaging identifies this watch as a truly special G-SHOCK 35th Anniversary model.
Features include Bluetooth® data communication and Multiband 6, which supports reception of six time calibration signals around the globe. Time information also can be acquired from an internet time server using the G-SHOCK Connected app running on a smartphone. All of this means that accurate timekeeping is ensured no matter where in the world your travels take you.
• Auto time adjustment (four times a day)
• Simple time settings (World Time for approximately 300 cities, time swapping, alarms)
• Time and place log
• Reminders (up to five)
• Phone Finder
• Battery level indicator (seven levels)
• Multiband 6 (Supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan(2), China, United States, England, Germany.)
• 200-meter water resistance
• Solar powered
• Countdown timer (1-second countdown, up to 24 hours)
• High-brightness Full Auto LED backlight, with selectable duration (2 seconds, 4 seconds)
• Days of the week in six languages